Tools I Use and Recommend
1. HOSTING (essential)
I use GoDaddy for my domains and hosting. They have great customer service, and I have spent hours with them on the phone over the years. I started with them a long time ago and they are a solid company.
HostGator is probably one of the most popular hosting packages. A lot of the top bloggers use HostGator and if I was going to start over I would highly consider this option for my hosting.
2. THESIS THEME (optional but recommended)
Thesis is a simple, clean theme that is highly optimized for SEO. I recommend getting the Thesis theme over the free theme options inside WordPress. It’s worth the one time cost and will make your blogging experience much smoother.
3. EMAIL MARKETING/AUTORESPONDER (essential)
Aweber is probably the most popular Email Marketing System. It is easy to use and has video tutorials you can follow. It is a well established, professional autoresponder. Packages start at $19 per month. They have a one month free trial.
4. CAPTURE PAGE AND SALES PAGE MAKING SOFTWARE (optional for beginners, essential once you start to market)
Optimize Press is a WordPress Theme (or plugin) that allows you to make high converting capture pages, sales pages, and membership sites. It’s a one time $97 and is a professional way to create launch funnels for your business.
Power Lead System is another way to create sales pages and capture pages and is super simple, especially for beginners although a lot of professional marketers use it too. The price of $29/month includes an autoresponder for up to 10,000 subscribers, ongoing internet marketing training, and other tools. This company also has a business opportunity attached to it.
1. Openoffice.org A free way to create presentations online
2. Screencast-o-matic.com A free way to record your online presentations
3. IBO Toolbox Free marketing platform to help you build your business
5. Xheader.com to make headers for you blog
Remember, keep it simple and have fun!
Note: I may earn a commission when you buy through some of the links on my blog, at no extra cost to you.